Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My walks

I have been trying to get the last of my baby weight off. Its not an easy task. Especially when people keep emailing me delightful recipes (like Applebees' Blondies). I cant stop myself! Anyway, I started walking this hill by our house. Its beautiful. A little scary too, since you can be walking and suddenly hear guns shooting all around you. I found out later that the Hummelstown Field and Stream has a gun range up there. I nearly had an accident in my pants when I heard shots on the road the other day. It almost literally "scared the crap out of me". I started praying silently to myself. "Dear Heavenly Father, please dont let a stray bullet ricochet off a tree and kill me. I will lay here and no one will ever find me, except the large groundhogs that occasionally run across the street". And those groundhogs would seriously be able to pull me down one of their holes in the ground, cuz they are R.O.U.S's (Rodents of Unusual Size). I hate groundhogs! Anyway...a couple weeks ago, upon exploring this new found track, I missed the only road that would take you down off the hill. By the time I realized it, there were no more roads leading down, I was too far to turn back. I just keep walking. When I finally got home, I traced my path and mapped it. I had walked 4.9 miles. What the heck! I only wanted a small hike.
Anyway, I took some pics becuase Pennsylvania is seriously gorgeous. I love it here. When I walk this road the words to a primary song always come into my head.
Whenever I hear the song of a bird Or look at the blue, blue sky, Whenever I feel the rain on my face Or the wind as it rushes by, Whenever I touch a velvet rose Or walk by our lilac tree, I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world Heav’nly Father created for me



No comments: