Friday, July 18, 2008

Batman on the Brain

So Mike and I have really been looking forward to the Batman Sequel that opens TONIGHT! Unfortunately, I wont be going as Asher has decided to make his crying time exactly at 7:30 pm every night. He would never make it through the movie. I am not about to leave a 12 week old baby with a sitter. I will just have to wait until its on DVD. However, to celebrate the movie I decided to make a "Dark Knight Torte" with Dark chocolate cake and Ganache. I also frosted it with chocolate mousse. If you don't know what a torte is, its just cake made with very little flour and usually has a soft middle or layers of mousse in between. DELICIOUS!
I also attempted my first chocolate transfer on top. It turned out ok. I wish I had made it a little more oval and had sharper edges on the bat, but not bad for a first try. I love that its completely made of chocolate, yes that is yellow chocolate! YUMMY! My friend Mandy does the coolest things with chocolate transfers, so I was inspired by her to give it a try.
Hope the movie doesn't disappoint! I know this torte wont!


In case your wondering about the Weight Watchers point count on this its
10,000.

2 comments:

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

We missed you. The movie was very DARK! And why didn't you have Mike sneak me in a piece of that chocolate decadence???
You don't have to keep track of points on Fridays. Didn't you know that?

Hannah and Mike said...

I'm impressed with the culinary skills. The chocolate transfer seems like its much easier said than done.