Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quiche al la Banzhaf

I love to cook. Unfortunately, none of my family like me to cook. At least not a wide variety of things. I love to try new things, but people in this house are stuck in a box, culinary wise.
Zachary wont eat red meat of any kind. He does love most vegetables, oatmeal and fruit. Tanner wont eat mashed potatoes, spaghetti,corn, rice. Everything Tanner eats must be accompanied by a dipping sauce. Mike doesnt like cheese of any kind, pasta, tomatoes (although tomato sauce is ok), any thing little and green (chile's, scallions, celery), onions,or nuts (peanuts only). He does however, love seafood and fish, all meat and veggies which makes life bearable. I am not picky. I love almost anything. I dont like maple syrup but that is about it. So, as you can see this poses a problem for me, daily!!! I usually end up making at least 3 different meals at each meal time. One for the boys (modified for each). One for Mike, and one for myself and Asher. I really think Zach & Tanner will come around, they are 4. Plus, I have recently started the "then go to bed hungry" rule. Its not working all the time, but they are getting better at taking 1 bite of things.
So last night I had some pie crusts that need to be used and out of my freezer. I decided that I would make quiche, since its not something I make everyday and I love it. So, I started making it and getting ready to put all the yummy filling inside. And here is what I was told :
Mike: "Not much cheese please, if you must have some. No green things or onions."
Zach: "No meat in mine"
Tanner: "I dont like eggs"

So, I made a quiche with eggs, milk, some Swiss and cheddar cheese, bacon on half and salt and pepper. Whats the point, I cant make everyone happy. After everyone had some I came back and looked at "eggs in a crust". It was like a analogy of my cooking life. Lots of good planning and intention. But no one enjoys it but me.
SAD!!!


No comments: