Thursday, February 12, 2009

Its Offical...Im one of "THEM"

Ok, I am stubborn. But I can admit when I am wrong. I have officially become one of "them". "Them" meaning, moms who love to nurse their babies. Seriously I am so sad that Asher has decided that he no longer likes to nurse. At nearly 10 months, he thinks he is too cool to hide under mommy shirt. Plus the addition of 4 more teeth has impaired my ability to fully relax and trust that I wont be screaming when he gets bored. If you look back at my post about nursing right after Asher was born, you will see that I hated nursing. I disliked everything about it. I couldn't understand why so many people told me they loved it. I didn't nurse the twins so I really had no idea that it would get better. Now I can see...and I am going to miss it. WEIRD, I never thought I would be one of "them".

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

I'm proud of you for sticking with it. As one of "them", I think it is a special gift we get to give to our babies and its sad when they out grow us.

Unknown said...

Sol just stopped nursing as well, he's got way to much to do to stop and nurse. The teeth factor was pretty persuasive for me as well. He's really digging the bottle and he's actually sleeping much better. Woo! But I'll definitely miss it.