Monday, December 1, 2008

A baby changes everything

I am already completely immersed in Christmas music again. I love it, I play it all day. "Hippo for Christmas" is currently the favorite with the boys. Even Asher will bounce to the songs. So, here I am, standing at the sink washing dishes, when I hear Faith Hills new song "A Baby Changes Everything". I must have been washing dishes in my tears, I was crying so hard. What is it about good songs, that just get you?
I have always been touched by music. Wherever I go, the hymn angels seem to visit me.
I can be standing in a meadow, at a monument, at a beach...and the songs just come to my mind. Usually, they are songs of gratitude, hymns, or love songs.
This new Christmas song seemed to touch me on many levels... The birth of Jesus Christ. The birth of my own children.
I thought of my life 10 years ago, and thought about myself and the person I was, and the person I wanted to be. The changes that come with maturity, embracing the gospel, becoming a wife, becoming a mother are amazing. Even more amazing is that they are possible and can be permanent becuase of a baby born in Bethlehem.
I imagine Mary, holding her new born son, the Savior, and it brings me to tears everytime. I still remember those first precious moments holding each of my children for the first time. Christmas always helps me to Remember.
I empathize with the songs lyrics... " Once was lost and now am found, a baby Changes everything"..



No comments: