Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day in DC


This year for Labor Day we decided to go with my family to the National Zoo in Washington DC. Here are a few of the pictures.Have I mentioned yet that Asher always has a blowout on every trip we take? Its just expected now and I am prepared, but geez...give a girl a break! Especially on hot days when the smell is increased 10 fold. It was really humid and 91 degrees in DC. Thus the reason for all the red faces. My favorite was the pygmy hippo. He was so cute and tiny . I missed taking pics in the reptile house, Zach loved it in there. Tanner loved the elephants and monkeys.Zach also made sure to point out the gorillas and elephant private parts, LOUDLY! Gee Wiz kid!
I missed a few things because I was trying to find somewhere to nurse Asher, this was interesting at the zoo. I noticed tons of ladies, uncovered just nursing on benches. Do they think no one will mind if they hang it out in the zoo? I really considered nursing in with the gorillas, then no one would look at me funny. But, it smelled like poop in there, so never mind. I smelled too much poop as it was. ANyway...it was fun, and as you can tell from my ranting. "POOP" was the word of the day! Lunch at Guapos was the cherry on top of a great time. Thanks to all!



Tanner looking nervous: Is this Panda going to eat me?

Zach, not wanting to take pictures. see ya Panda!

Cute panda, there are only about 1500 in the wild.



Mikey & Asher


Tanner at the monkeys habitat


Lincoln
Tanner and the pygmy hippo

See how tiny this breed of hippo is. So cute!

I love the pygmy hippo. Its eyes are not on top of its head like other hippos. And its not as aquatic, although it does swim. Darling!

Zach: "That enafan is sick, he had no pink."
me:"No sweetie, elphants arent really pink, thats just a song."

Tanner and the elephants

Lincoln, Dad, Hunter & Mom. Where is maddy?

Oh, Hi Maddy...I mean monkey!

1 comment:

Hannah and Mike said...

Dennison had lots of fun looking at the pics on this post. Looks like you had fun.