Thursday, September 11, 2008

Busy week

Our life of summer travel is done. We are finally reajusted to eastern time again. And of course, just when I think its time to do nothing. Life gets busy again.
Wondering what this week was like? Lets see, I was in the middle of project mania. Bottling pears was priority since my food storage is building, 5 people to eat for even a week, let alone one month is a ton of food.
I also was trying to come up with a project for the ladies to do with some vinyl at our wards Super Saturday coming up. Tell me what you think. Would this project bore you to tears? They will be wired together to hang horizontially under eachother and then have a piece to hang them ontop. Is this too novice?


Then it was off to my own wonderful projects, making bitty botties for Asher. I did a rough draft pair, since I had never made them before. I tried hand stitching and machine sewing. They arent great, but ultimately, I think I will hand stitch them when I make a final pair. These arent the final pair but here is a glimpse of the general idea. You can go to heather baileys website for a pattern. I am going to add a dog bone to the heel of each, once I make the REAL pair. They should be cute. These practice ones arent great.


I also had to take 3 dozen cookies to Enrichment last night. Lets just say I got side tracked and burned most of them. So, it was off to COSTCO for their yummy cookies instead.
The boys also started going speech at the preschool this week. So, we were busy! OH well, life goes on. I keep thinking as the boys grow, life will get easier, but I am finding out that is simply not the case. Life just gets more curves. But heck...I am glad for them. Otherwise I would be bored and lonely.

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

Sounds like you are turning into quite the domestic diva. Sounds like you are juggling quite a few things, but is good to see you trying new things. It makes me want to try and be a little more crafty. Let me know how the booties turn out,they are very cute.

Jana said...

I want to make those fun signs. If we do not end up making them for a super saturday let me know how much they will cost and I want to make them my self.