Friday, May 9, 2008

Nature Calls..




A UPS man came to my front door today to deliver a package. As I am getting ready to close the door the guy says "Is that your turtle?". Stunned and confused I look down by our front steps and see this orange headed turtle staring at me. WHOA! Where did that come from?
I think it is a desert box turtle from what I can tell. I could be wrong. If you know the type of turtle let me know. The twins were gone when it was here. By the time they came back, it had disappeared. I wouldn't have let them hold it anyway, turtles are full of Salmonella.
Did you know that the sale of turtles less than 4 inches has been banned in the United States since 1975? This is because turtles pose a high risk of spreading disease, especially to children.
Um....somebody better tell that street vendor in China Town NYC. He was selling small turtles 1 dozen for 20 bucks. I almost bought some until my friend told me about the Salmonella risk. Oh well..what we see and buy in China town is secret anyway right (don't get me started on crawling into basements and 4x4 closets to buy handbags and purses when I get to Canal street)?!?
Anyway, interesting visitor, hope he calls again soon.

No comments: