Thursday, June 25, 2009

You wont like me when Im angry


This week in review:
Things were hectic with random commitments this week. We cleaned the church, which the boys loved. Freedom to play in the nursery with all the toys and run in the gym. We had an overload of strawberries that had to be used. We decided to chocolate dip a bunch of them for dessert. Zach wanted his to be green. Here's the result of the boys dipping and green stripes.




I actually got to organize some of my closets. It was very overdue. I got rid of a few broken things and gathered together some hand me downs for potential baby boys in the family (right Maleah?...although I think its a girl for sure).

Tanner beat Zach to a bloody mess after nap time the other day. Zach woke him up too early from his nap. You dont mess with tired Tanner. Tanner gave him a puncture wound on his head that bleed for 30 min or so. Zach was a wreck over it. Of course Zach was using my pillow for some reason, and the blood bath stained my nice white pillow case. I didnt know heads could bleed so much. AARRRGGG!
Oh and the craziest thing that happened this week was that I discovered I am the HULK. Unfortunately, the kids bedroom door paid the price.
I closed the kids bedroom door behind me, not knowing it was locked. Leaving Asher and Tanner (the predator and the prey) in the room together. When I tried to get back in, I discovered that not only was the door locked, but there was no way to open it, or remove the handle from the outside. I tried to talk Tanner through the process of unlocking the door, but it was a twist lock (which only Zach can turn) and he couldnt open it. I tried several things unsuccessfully. It was bedtime for the baby and he started screaming on the other side. Partially because he was tired and wanted a bottle, and partially because Tanner was tormenting him. After about 20 minutes, Ashers crying turned hysterical. Unsure of what was going on inside the room (Tanner is known to hurt him on purpose and relentlessly) my adrenaline kicked in. I got so mad. I decided to break the door open to rescue my baby. The pictures show the damage. I hit it so hard that the metal around the hole in the frame flew off, screws and all. I wasnt happy about this. Just one more thing on my list of home repairs and costs. I just felt that internal panic with Asher stuck on the other side and screaming for help. Tanner seemed oblivious to the whole plight. He was fine stuck in his room. After all, he had his VCR, toys and books.


I guess my bodypump weight lifting class is really working. I really did some damage to the door.

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

What a beast you are Eden. My favorite is the irony, that in the past I've heard your boys won't eat things that are green, but they insist on having green chocolate strawberries.

clintandleximorgan said...

oh my gosh Eden. I love how you describe yourself as the Hulk. You are truly hilarious!!!