Friday, June 19, 2009

Whats in a name?

No, this is not an announcement. Just something I wanted to mention in my blogging.

When I was in the 8th grade, we studied Shakespeare. We read many of his plays and sonnets. For some time after this I had this obsession with the name OTHELLO . I thought it would be such a great little girls name (yes, I know Othello was a man in the play). I even found an old journal from my high school creative writing class where I mentioned my love for the names OTHELLO, and GLORY for my future daughters.

Here I am 13 years later, no daughters, standing in the park when I hear a woman calling to her little girl "Come on Othello...".
Did I just hear that right? About a week goes by and I see this same woman at the park again ( come to find out they live in my neighborhood). She is calling for this little girl with golden skin, dark hair, dark eyes. I ask the woman "Is her name Othello?". She replies "Yes, Othello Luna".... My jaw dropped.

Ok, I know no one will agree with me, but that is the coolest name ever.- She is destined to be something cool...I know, I know...stop dreaming about baby girls. Its not in the cards for me. But, I still have dreams right? Too bad Mikey doesnt like the name Othello.
I am still keeping a top three list of my favorite girls names. Even if I never get a girl. Glory, is still on the list. I'd tell you the other two, but then I'd have to kill you...hehehe

1 comment:

Whidget said...

OTHELLO is a terrible name for a girl!! Or anyone, really! :-) Don't tell that lady, though! A lot of people hate Isadora too, I am sure.

You will get your girl. Don't worry.

Bridget