Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Three words: LOVE BEAR LAKE

We waited all summer for our Utah trip. It was a long wait but we weren't disappointed. We spent the first few days visiting family, celebrating my nephews first birthday, going to the Days of '47 parade in downtown Salt Lake City, and having a sleepover at uncle Neal's house.
I received a special treat from my in laws by being taken to the conference center to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir preform their pioneer day concert. It featured Katherine Jenkins the mezzo soprano from Wales. She was also on Dancing With the Stars this past season. It was a beautiful concert and I even spotted a couple Dancing with the Stars pro's (Mark Ballas and Derek Hough).I loved it. My in laws know the way to my heart is by a good musical of some kind. Boy do they know me!!



Right after the Parade we headed to our favorite must-go food place when in Utah PACES dairyann in Bountiful. Yummy! Countryboy with cheese and a grape rainbow, is there anything better in this life? Well, maybe Cafe Rio but Im just sayin'.
Then up to Maddox in Brigham City for Grandma and Grandpa's chicken fix. Mike loves Maddox too and chose to forgo the DairyAnn's treats for cornbread...darn good cornbread.The drive to Bear Lake is packed with delcious food stops. It must be a diabolical plan to make us not fit our swimsuits, sink our waverunners, and drag behind the skiboat. Thankfully, we all managed to preform well in all those categories. Believe it or not even I got to ski this year. Seriously, is that a light at the end of the nursing baby tunnel?...I think it is. Wow, feels good to be an active, somewhat involved person again? :) Notice that every picture is of Mike holding Crew. Yup, when your kid is daddy's boy, you get some freedoms. Thanks babe!
This year we traded SunValley for Bear Lake. From a practical standpoint, its far less of a drive for the little kids. The beach is better for little ones, and the water is alot warmer than the glacier fed Redfish lake in Idaho. It was a different kind of beauty than the forest of Idaho but I must admit; for this season of life with little kids Bear Lake was a much better choice in every way. The cabin was heavenly and the company superb.I loved everything about my trip except for the 3 lbs I gained when I got home. I guess I shouldnt have had a raspberry shake every night?!? Here are a few pics. I may be adding to these in the next couple days. Blogger was giving me probs with my pic sizes. Stay tuned.











No comments: