Thursday, August 30, 2012

A year later

As you may recall, the first few months in my house here in Arizona were not exactly fun. The previous owners had moved out and left the home unoccupied, then rented to several different groups of people before we moved in. I knew there was so much potential in this house when we walked through. I just never imagined how much time and money it would be to get it livable. I mean really, how can you crack every outlet faceplate, use drawers without handles, crack all the grout out of tile floors, or ruin every fart fan in the bathrooms?- Unfathomable!
Now that we have been here over a year, we had started to see our house come together. In April we had the entire house inside and outside painted. With exception of the rooms I had already done on my own. We have 22 ft ceilings in the font room so there was no way I was painting those. Anyway, my mom hasnt seen the house since we finished a few projects so here is the reveal. Sorry its not that climactic.




Z& Ts Bathroom Before:

                                                                     Z&Ts Bathroom After.
We painted it Navy blue with white beadboard. Replaced the strip vanity lights and
cleaned!

Asher and Crews Bath Before:  Dark brown- a cave
                                                      Brown, Brown and more chocolate brown.

Asher &Crews Bathroom After:
painted light blue with beadboard. Surf themed. Replaced the strip lighting in here too!
installed hooks for little kids towels.



House Before: Sort of pinky-tan
                                       House After: Yellow and Brown. And a trimmed tree.
                                        Still waiting to replace outside lights. We decided to start with the
                                    inside lights first.

                                             Backyard painted. Still picking weeds as you can see from garbage
                                                   cans out there.
                                           Front room Before: it was a dark brown with greenish undertone.
                                              Now its tan. The color is Harvest Brown and Linen trim

5 comments:

Maleah said...

I love the pictures! It inspires me to keep working on my house. Now that my kitchen cabinets are painted, I am actually starting to have fun with my projects again. That one was just daunting! LOVE your house, we'll have to come for a visit, hopefully at Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

It looks so great!!! It's always amazing how much work house projects are, I'm sure you guys have worked so hard to make it look this nice. Love the dark blue without the white bead bOard.

Michelle said...

It turned out so good! I wish I had your decorating skills.

Holbrook's said...

It is beautiful! You have put in a ton of work! But it is all paying off!

Anna Sęk said...

I like your house very much!