Monday, August 27, 2012

End of Summer party

We live in a very unique area here in Peoria. My neighborhood is its own little adventure. I dont love having an HOA for many reasons but I will say that some of the perks are great. Within a 3 minute walk of my house is our clubhouse area. Its a really nice amenity. There is a huge gym with bleachers, basketball court, private rooms for parties, scouts (our ward kids meet here), meetings ,etc. They have a borrowing library, a covered playground, amphitheater, tennis courts and our pool areas.
I wasnt sure how much I would use the neighborhood pools since we have our own private pool, but its nice to have a change on occasion. Plus the community pool has water slides and a splash pad and two enormous pools that are heated in the winter. And thats only one pool area of the three in our community. Anyway- it makes living here alot more bearable. While I dont HATE Arizona, I have just resigned to the fact that we are here and need to make the best of it. Find the silver lining if you will. Plus, not being preggo in the summer makes things alot more tolerable. :)

They throw big parties here. This is the one we just had to celebrate School begining. Or "The End of the Summer". Really summer here goes until the first part of November but they need to psych us out or we would all leave. Next thing you know they will start pumping pumpkin spice scent into our homes to make sure we dont get depressed in September and October. This was a Caribbean themed party. There was a free buffet and fruit ice cream. There was also carnival dancers in costumes but I didnt get them on camera.

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing the fun.

No comments: