Thursday, January 14, 2010

What have we been doing?

There has been lots going on here. Here are some pictures of a few things.

Uncle Jake and Aunt Mariangel came on New Years Eve. We made special italian sodas with blue sugared rims (Zach picked the blue) for our midnight toast. Our guests had been awake for nearly 36 hours when they arrived so everyone was in bed before midnight except for Mike, who watched the ball drop alone for the the 5th year in a row.- I am not exactly a night owl anymore. Plus, I cant stand the the ridiculous new years shows on tv. BORING!! We were so glad they came to visit. I didnt get many pictures of their trip here (sorry!). We did all the local stuff and then also hit Manhattan for a little freezing cold weather and fun. The winter isnt the best time to see the area, but we found things to keep us busy and had some great memories. We just loved having them here to spend time with us and the kids. We miss them lots! Thanks for coming you guys!!



We took them to see Mr. Bo Jangles the enormous bunny at a local pet store.



We ate at Big Wong Kings (on Mott and Canal in Chinatown, NYC). I had the best meal out of everyone.Lucky me. I stuck with a classic, Sesame Chicken. It was yummy!
Mike had duck and pork. Looked better than it tasted. Big Wongs is definately an experience. I enjoyed it!

The Pennsylvania Farm show started. It was great! Oh those milkshakes. They taste great, but they are hard to stomach when you are staring at the belly and utters of cows, with all their smells and sounds.










This is a sculpture entirely made from butter.


I have been teaching lots of Zumba lately. These are a couple pics from the Ward Enrichment Zumba night. I was surprised that I got through this class without alot of gyration and chest shimmy's. I think we got through it without offending anyone!!! Kudos to me, I was really nervous about that.





And....drumroll please...The boys got a new bed. YIPPEE! It will also make two twin beds by putting a large headboard with a small footboard. Isnt that neat! I really love it, and so do they!
Thats what we have been up to lately.-

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those are really cute bunk beds! I'm glad you got to have some fun visitors. We miss you guys.