Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas and Stuff



I have been so lazy about blogging for the past three weeks. I had Holiday brain cramps. You know, that feeling that you cant think about anything important or it will ruin the wishy-washy feeling of holiday glee. And you might never leave reality behind again, so you just sit aimlessly staring at your TV screen, eating anything and everything, praying that the next gift or knock on the door will be life altering. Like a pair of ruby slippers or the Publisher Clearinghouse sweepstakes winner, or the HGTV New Mexico Dreamhouse winner (BTW, we didnt win! All that daily entering for nothing, shoot!). So, here I am playing catch up with pictures and events.
Seriously, I never thought I would be one of those stressed out Christmas goers, but this year I seemed to be on the verge of disaster at every turn this holiday.Maybe it had something to do with those DARN Zhu-Zhu Pet Hamsters the boys asked for. I spent endless hours trying to run to the store to get one before they were snatched by the greedy ebay whores, who sell their souls to make 40-60 dollar profits on a 10 dollar toy. Luckily, Santa had some for the boys Christmas morning, disaster averted.
(He told me he got up at 6 am to wait in line for them)

My biggest challenge was finding a gift for Mike. The kid gave me no help and told me that all he wanted for Christmas was a shovel!?! Really, a shovel. A Shovel??

Nevertheless, it all went fantastic and we were spoiled as usual. I honestly felt a twinge of guilt and sadness after looking around at all the items and thinking "There is a recession going on, and you wouldnt know it at our house.Can I be happy when there are so many sad and going without this Christmas?"- I am grateful for the blessings that are poured down upon us. The gifts from our family members and the generosity they show time and time again.- Truly, we are spoiled.
Thanks to all! We are aware that there are so many without. I need to try harder to teach my children what the true meaning of Christmas is, because the gifts may not always be there. And that is not what is important. Can we be happy without all the stuff?- I hope we can. I think we can. I pray we can.

Anyhow, here are some photos to document the day. It was lots of fun. We had a snow storm the week before Christmas so we had some fun sledding in our yard. Z&T also got to play with daddys electric trains, which are reserved for special occassions.Lots of fun, hope yours was too!




















No comments: