Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There is no Dana, only Zuul.

This seems to be the never ending catch phrase out of my mouth these days.
" there is no Dana, there is only Zuul".

Mike is afraid when he comes home. He peaks into the kitchen timidly.
"Um...whos there?" he asks with trepidation.
If its been a good day I will reply " Hey Mikey". The conversation will progress from there.

If its been a bad day, the repose follows "there is no Dana only Zuul".
(If you are not getting this post, this is a quote from the movie Ghostbusters.Zuul is a demigod and the gate keeper of Gozar the Gozarian. She takes the shape of a large demonic dog. It was a real demi-god worshipped around 6000 BC by the Hittites, the Mesopotamians and the Sumerians also.)
Then my head spins around and I shoot red lasers from my eyes, then implode myself into a ball of flames and scream hideously. (ok, ok. maybe its not that crazy, but close)

All this because no one will eat what I make for dinner.- Why, Why wont anyone eat normal things like spaghetti or chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, or rice? Why cant we have hamburger or cheese? Why cant we eat fresh things instead of frozen dinners? Is it really too much to ask for all 5 of us to eat the same thing for once?
Dinner Drama. Its the story of my life. The thorn in my side. The axis of evil. I hate dinner time. The worst part is, I love to cook. Its something Im good at. No one appreciates it, cuz they cant eat onions,celery, sour cream, peas,tomatoes, CHEESE (did I already mention this?), green things, peppers, salsa, etc...

Im Zuul again tonight.

3 comments:

Whidget said...

I bet if you make stuff and that's all you offer them for a few nights, they will start eating what you make. It might be a hard three or four days, but you will break them of their fickleness (says the mom who hasn't done that.) HAHAH Sorry!! I know a little bit of how you feel, although Dora's usually pretty good!

Bridget

Dave and Lindsay said...

I totally got your post from the post title!!! I knew where that line was from instantly!! OH I am so sorry!!! I have no advise for you, seeing as how we haven't even had our first yet!!! But I could see how frustrating that could be. My poor kids will probably starve if they don't eat what's for dinner!!!:)

Nikki Painter said...

that would be so frustrating, please who doesnt love CHEESE?? I started going to Zumba at the gym, that is crazy..a great work out. Think it is amazing that you can teach it!