Sunday, August 30, 2009

Emperors Clothes

I will be honest. I hate CROCS. I think they are the ugliest shoes. I will NEVER own a pair. They are for certain professional convenience and that is about it. Mike wears them into surgery. He says the bone chips and blood are easily removed with shoes that can be bleached and washed. Ok, understandable. I still dont think anyone should wear them outside of work. Do Ballerina's walk around in their slippers all day?
I dont care what anyone says, so much of fashion is just the emperors clothes. Someone says so, so it must be. Who decides what fashion is anyway? You like what you like, right?- I mean Maria made clothes for the Von Trapp children out of curtains, and they were tons cuter than the stuff they were wearing when she got there. Again,- you like what you like.

I saw CROC look-a-likes for 1 dollar at Walmart in May. The boys wanted them. I thought, ok for 1 dollar. NEVER AGAIN! You can see from the wear in the big toes, that the boys wore them all around town. Now, Im happy to say, they are in the trash.YIPPEE!
Here is the trade up. CROCS for real shoes. And you'll never believe what my boys picked themselves. Id have been fine with tennis shoes, Nike or New Balance, something like that.But no, they wanted "cool dude shoes" (thanks for your influence on them, uncles). So they both picked Skate shoes. I was surprised that they already have their own style. As long as they dont have any characters on them, I dont care. Good Riddance to the CROCS!

3 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Eden you crack me up. Connor wanted a pair and I said NO!! Actually the ones in the pictures I can tolerate but the ones Connor picked out yuck. Its hard to believe that I can not pick out what they wear anymore:(

Katie May said...

All I gotta say is DITTO!

Loved this post!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I resemble this post. I'll make sure to only wear Crocs when I come to your house.