Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring has Offically begun!



What to do when the weather hits 65 degrees and you have the day off and no kids? Go play in central park of course!
Mike and I ditched the kids at my parents for the day Friday. We decided that we needed a day to ourselves to enjoy the spring weather and Manhattan. Since we have done most of the tourist stuff in the city, we decided to just have a day of uptown relaxation and great food. (I ought to mention that I am addicted to chowhound.com for foodie recommendations, so our restaurant choice is always an adventure. Columbus Circle has some great food. The Manhattan temple is on Columbus if you ever get in that area.)
I am one of the few people I know that would move to Manhattan in a heartbeat. I love everything about the city. I didnt realize how truly comfortable I am in the city until I was approached several times for directions and subway help. Without consulting a map it was easy for me to inform people. I was excited that I have actually gotten that familiar with it. Anyway, here are some random pictures. Please excuse my tired eyes and half asleep face. I had been up with kids all night before we went. It wasnt until a must have stop at Sephora that I actually looked half way normal. Thats is my favorite thing about the city, I go in looking like garbage, and leave with too much stuff and a free makeover. Love it! I did leave out a ton a pictures to spare you from 40+ pics. I left out the East Village and Serendipity , but you should be warned...never try to eat there when its spring break. Too many teens!
We ended the day with meeting my brother Neal in Time Square (he works at a PR firm in Time Square) to head back to my parents. I of course, couldnt leave without hitting up my favorite Street Vendor for a lamb gyro!!! Thanks Haziz, your the man!



Breakfast at Rockefeller Center. We love 30 Rock so we couldnt pass up this photo op.


A totally unplanned sighting of Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb after breakfast.
Pretty fun to see. We noticed some cameras waiting for someone, so we thought we'd see who they were waiting for out a back door. To my disappointment, it was not Matt Lauer.

Ice Skating and some flapjacks anyone?

This is Dylans Candy Bar. Its a fun little store to get the kids some treats. Mike looks like he is willy wonka.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Alice in Wonderland. Central Park East.

This is one of my favorite parts of the Central Park. The Shakespeare Garden. So cute and quiet. Its full of English flowers and a darling English style fence.

The inscription is very sweet to their loved one who passed away. Reads" This bud of love, by summers ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flow'r when next we meet"

Lunch time...yummy!

A Central Park view

2 comments:

Whidget said...

What fun!! I wish I had somewhere closer to ditch the kids--but my mom comes up a lot so I shouldn't complain!! Hope to see you tomorrow at church, but if not, enjoy yourselves with family and in NYC.

Bridget

Hannah and Mike said...

We really need to make a trip out there to see you guys so you can take us into the city.