Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday Party


Zach and Tanner are turning 4 on Monday. Can you believe it? Where did my babies go?
I must admit, 3 has been very difficult age. Attitude and Independence are flaring. I am hoping that this next year will be a little different.
We celebrated their birthday today with a party. First the boys had a pizza party with family, and then had a great birthday bash with friends and family. Zachary loves sea turtles and wanted a turtle cake. I being very uncreative, and completely lacking in time this week, resorted to making sea creature chocolate suckers. And then made a "turtle" (carmel/nuts and chocolate) ice cream sandwich frozen cake. Tanner wanted a NEMO party with fish. He also asked for a green cake for the fish to eat and a white cake for himself. So, we actually had three cakes.It all worked out. The kids loved the pinata, we hung it a little too high I think. None of the little kids could break it, so Lincolns girlfriend Kim did the honors. They had a great time and then came home to more fun sledding with daddy. Oh my sweet boys...We love you! Happy Birthday


Zach and the pinata

The white cake is coconut cream, the green is key lime..yummy!

Grandpa checking out the new book for the TAG reader. The boys love books!

Lincoln and Kim came!


Boys open gifts. Thanks everybody!

Tanner's very own white cake.

The men play a little ball

Sledding time.

1 comment:

Whidget said...

OMG I am the worst friend ever. I totally spaced on the party. Eli would have loved to come too--he was really bored yesterday!!! I feel terrible. The photos are cute and the boys looks great. So do all your cakes--very impressive. I made Eli's first birthday cake and it looked so pathetic I think I will just buy them from now on!!

Sorry!!! Love,
Bridget