Friday, January 16, 2009

Pennsylvania Farm Show 2009


On Monday we went with friends to the Farm show. We always look forward to the farm show here in Pennsylvania. Its a week long event with anything and everything farm related. There is great farm grown food, square dancing competitions, rodeos, animal auctions and of course, lots of Mennonite and Amish people. Its very cool.
Pa is 4th in the nation for milk production and they have the best milk shakes ever at the farm show. No wonder Milton Hershey started his chocolate factory here, which is famous for its milk chocolate, lots of cows to make lots of milk.
Honestly, I never thought I would think such a redneck-bumkin fest was fun, but when you have little kids who love the animals, it becomes a party. I do feel bad I attempted to make the men watch the square dancing, but hey, Mike clogged as a kid, and I thought it might bring back memories for him (ok, thats a lie...I just really wanted to watch it. Unfortunately, Im NOT lying about Mikes clogging!).
When we got there, I realized that my camera was missing the memory card, so these are pictures from Jenny (thanks!). Zach wasnt posing alot for pictures, but Tanner and Liam cheesed it up for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!


You might not be able to tell that behind them is statues made from butter




Asher was so good to just sit and watch

Tanner the farmer

Zach loves bunnies!

Tanner and Liam with a huge bison! YIKES

No comments: