Monday, May 2, 2011

Candy is Dandy, but Liquor is Quicker

The kids and I were watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The original version with Gene Wilder, not the lousy version with Johnny Depp. In my opinion Ompa Lompas just arent the same in the newer version.There outfits are so much cooler in the first movie.Plus, the music in the original is just so "classic" and full of wisdom.:)


"Who do you blame when your kid is a brat
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat?
Blaming the kids is a lion of shame
You know exactly who's to blame:
The mother and the father! "


Anyway, I listened to the following conversation and laughed my head off.

Tanner: I wish I had a chocolate factory. With trees made of candy.
Zach: You would be so fat. Like the lunch lady at school.
Tanner: She isnt fat Zach. She just has big pants
Zach: Tanner, she has big pants becuase she is so fat. AND her name is Mrs. Largie.
Just FYI: Her name is Mrs. Margie.



2 comments:

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I am crying. Enough so that Nate got off the couch to see what was so funny.
Poor Mrs. Margie!

Unknown said...

Tears of laughter at this moment after reading this one. Kids - gotta luv 'em. :)