Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Grand Ole Birthday and Old Tucson too!

We had such a fun weekend driving down to Grandpa Banzhaf's in Tucson. It was Great Gran's 82nd Birthday party. We had a fun time swimming, eating BBQ and having cake.
We are so glad that Great Gran let us celebrate with her. The boys were so excited to have a sleepover at Grandpas. In the morning, we drove down to "Arizona's Hollywood", Old Tucson. It has been the setting for many famous western movies and TV series. Mike went there when he was a kid and had fond memories of it. It was my first time, which is really strange since my mother is from Tucson, we visited the area alot as kids but I dont remember going there. Some joker burned the place down a few years ago, so they rebuilt. Some of the rides arent what they use to be but the kids had a great time. Even in 100 degree weather. They especially liked the shootout where a guy fell dead off a roof, one slid down a pully from a rooftop, one got ground up in the bone cruncher, and there was lots of explosions and gunshots.
The ultimate little boy extravaganza.Cowboys and Bad Guys.



Tanner told us all how great gran was "so, so old". Then he counted from 82-100 and said "When your 100, your done".


Birthday Girl

Crew and Granny


Isnt this such a cute picture of great gran with the boys.

As usual, Zachary (Mr. Bossypants) had to drive. Tanner was the passenger. I hope as teenagers Zachary will be a better driver. I suspect that Tanner may be the more responsible of our drivers someday.


Cowboys in the Wild West shootout. Isnt it funny how Tanner is holding on to the actors leg. I bet that guy was thinking "Dang boy, your really close to my gun!". Gesh!


This guy got shot and killed in the reinactment of "The Quick and the Dead".



Stagecoach ride anyone?



My Horse Theif.







Grandpa got pulled on stage to dance with the Can-Can girls. Totally hilarious. I dont know the words they were singing but the song was something about the saddle getting glued to the cowboys rear end. Sorry about it being so red. It was pitch dark in the audience and the stage lights were red and orange. My camera wasnt doing very well.


Asher on the Merry Go Round
Hungery Little Man
Trains. All Aboard!
I asked for sad faces at the jail. This is what I got.

No comments: