Wednesday, February 2, 2011

6 years old!

Today is Z & T's Birthday. I cant believe they are 6 years old! Its bitter sweet in many ways.
Since they are my oldest children, it seems like they have just always been there. Looking back, I realize how quick the time really has gone. They are growing up and maturing faster than I would like. They were such fun little babies. Having two was hard at times. I think I was just so grateful to have them at all, I tried to focus on the good moments instead of the bad.
I have to admit, I had alot of help. My mom and mother-in-law were so good to give me much needed advice and help. I love these little monsters!

Z & T are as different as day and night. I dont know how its possible to share the same genes and uterus and be so completely polar, but they are. Zach is my sweets, while Tanner is my salty. Zach loves Orange, Tanner loves Blue. Zach is completely dependant on others to have fun, Tanner can play by himself for hours. Z loves all things trendy, T just doesnt care about anything too much. Z is high strung, T is low maintainace. They are too funny.I think the amazing thing is, that is alot like Mike and I. Opposites attract and sometimes work better together than being a clone of yourself. They just fit together. They are best friends. They are my best friends. I dont know what I would do without them. They are my world.







We had a little friends party on Saturday for them at our park. Everyone seemed to have a great time. If it werent for this forgetful brain of mine these days, it may have been just perfect. The party foul was mine, I forgot to bring forks for the cake. It didnt seem to bother the kids. They just picked up thier cake with their hands. Opps!















Happy Birthday my sweethearts!
We love you always and forever

2 comments:

Mariangel Babbel said...

Happy Birthday little dudes! We love you!

Love,
Uncle Jake and Aunt Mari

Whidget said...

Congrats guys! You're SIX! But on to the good stuff--where's the new baby!?