Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Where did the Month of May go?


May has been crazy! Here is an update.

We sold our home and it closed on the 27th. It was a huge blessing to get a buyer in this tough economy so we are grateful that there weren't many issues. We didnt think it would be that hard to leave, knowing we were moving closer to family. However, this proved to be underestimated drastically. I had three days of constant tears for one reason or another. Driving away, knowing I would not return was very hard. I console myself in believing that most of our friends will be leaving in next couple years also.
Mikes mom and brother Jake flew from Utah to help us drive west. Our sister-in-law Mari angel flew from Amsterdam to hop in a truck and keep her husband awake. I cant tell you how thankful I am.

So, after a day of loading two 26 ft Penske trucks, with the help of some ward members, my dad, and Mikes family, we said our goodbyes to our home. I hadnt thought about leaving so much until that day. The memories came flooding back of all our milestones that we had in that town home. Zach & Tanner were only 22 mths when we moved in. I can still see them sliding down the stairs and laughing, playing in their first real bedroom, and singing and playing with friends in the basement. Asher came home from the hospital to that home. Its the only one he has ever known.- Change is always a little bitter sweet.
My tears were both happy and sad.

Mikey drove directly to Phoenix with our things and stuck them in a storgage unit. My mother-in-law and I drove the north route with the kids to American Fork, where we will stay until we buy a house in Arizona. Just a word of advice. Dont take the nothern route unless you plan on paying lots of money in tolls. All the roads were toll roads until we were in IOWA.- It would have been nice to know this in advance.

The drive across the country was pretty uneventful. The second day we had strong winds through Nebraska that kept us white knuckled the whole time. We were glad that the tornado watches were north of us. The kids were good most of the time. The occasional brawl in the backseat happened when the twins got really bored. Asher asked to get out of his chair every few hours. For the most part, things went smoothly. We are just glad to be out of the car for a long time now.

I can now boast that in 4 weeks time, Mike and I have been to 16 states. We have done a ton of traveling.

Now its time for a rest and some relaxation...wait, is that possible when looking for a new home?

ARRRGG.

No comments: