Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sacrifice stinks sometimes


Dear Nikon,
I have been dreaming about your D40 for some time now. I think of it almost everyday.
When I see it through shop windows my mouth begins to water and saliva drips from the corners of my awed mouth. I dream of its clicking sounds and the gentle press of my fingers on its frame. The fun we would have at the beach, family reunions and playing in the yard together. The fabric strap around my neck, and the priceless digital memories we'd create. Oh how it would make my blogging, photography, professional, and creative dreams grow and improve. A goofy smile spreads across my face as I think of taking it home, cradled in my arms for the first time.

But, how will I explain to my children that they cant go to preschool this year, becuase I spent the money on a camera. I cant have both (eyes filled with tears).
Just know that I want you, I love you, and I will be coveting you from a distance.
Why is sacrifice so hard?-

ok,ok, so Im not leaving every possesion and crossing the plains. Im not sending my only son to war,Im not raising 10 orphans or selling my hair for food...but geez, why do the things we want (not need) have to cost so much money!!!

3 comments:

Whidget said...

Just use the babysitting money you earn for one. I LOVE my D60!!

Bridget

Holbrook's said...

Amen sister!!

Nikki Painter said...

I waited oh, about 11 years to get a fancy shmancy camera...makes me appreciate it that much more. worth every penny