Sunday, October 5, 2008

Washington DC



We postponed our anniversary celebration for one week, so that we could go to Washington DC for the day. Grandma and Grandpa Chamberlain came and watched the boys for us while we drove down to the metro and hopped on a train. It was so much fun. It was nice to be kid free for a while, but after the first couple hours I began to miss Asher really bad, if you catch my drift (I am still nursing him). The National Archives were neat, I could have spent all day there. There is lots to do that we need to go back for. We didnt get to the Smithsonian, but its on my list for next time! And I MUST go to the international spy museum. I need some of those shoes with guns in the toes, and a watch with a communicator in it!- Do you think they have the bras from Austin Powers in there, ya know, the ones with "machine gun chi-chi's"?

ANYWAY..it was great to spend the day with my HOT hubby. Please ignore the facial hair on Mike, he is going through a phase. And NO we didnt plan matching shirts, I just love my green shirt becuase it hides the throw up I always have on my shoulder!


The white house and Mikey, working his gas can sun glasses. This picture is a little "Men in Black", dont you think?

Ford Theater is closed for remodeling until feb 2009. Bummer!


Sculpture Garden.Mike thinking "This piece of junk is considered art?"

Kissing at the Washington Monument

Mike wanted to kill me for making him do this. Washington Monument

World War 2 monument


Kristen, this picture is for you...notice my arm!

Lincoln Memorial.Definitely my favorite spot!


The picture is self explanatory

Dinner was delicious ,but 75 dollars for 2 people is OUTRAGEOUS! Do you want my first born child too, for the cost of this meal?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! You know you were only 2 short hours from Richmond, right? What a great day in DC. I think you should have been in more of the pics. So how exciting is having a temple in PA? I though of you and your cute family right away when I heard it!!!