Monday, March 24, 2008

HAPPY EASTER 2008!







Easter was a fun day at our house this year. Zachary and Tanner are finally at the age that they are excited to wake up the next morning for surprises. Zach kept telling me that "Rabbits no eat eggs". Which I think means Rabbits don't lay eggs. This brings up a good point! Why do we have Rabbits, carrying around eggs? Why isn't there an Easter chicken?!?
The boys spent Saturday dying hard boiled eggs with mom and dad. They loved it, but cracked nearly everyone dropping them into the cups of color. We also made Easter basket cupcakes. They were yummy!! Sunday morning they came down to baskets with candy and summer clothes, & new church ties. They also got some insect catchers with butterfly nets, magnifying glasses and lots of pretend bugs. They love the huge spider that came with the sets. They also found some sweet wheels when they saw their new BIG WHEEL bikes! Man, that Easter bunny is out of control.
Sunday after church we had two families from the ward over. All three of the moms here were pregnant and we had 7 children running around all ready. It was an overload of kids for the dad's who were trying to wrangle kids for their pregnant wives. Good men!!! I cooked a 4 lb pork tenderloin for the first time. I didn't burn it and the flavor was great! Yippee for Eden!
We had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting. Its been so long since I have seen you. I'm also way excited about the new little one that is on the way.

Michelle said...

Your blog looks great! I think your boys have a good point about rabbits and eggs. I've never thought of that. I also loved your cup cakes and think next year I will have to copy them.