Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011



Pin the hat on the turkey

Crew and aunt Mariangel love to play

Heres why the couches are only built for two at grandmas house.

Crew and Aunt Christy


I've been pretty lazy at our blog lately.
Thought I would post a few of our Thanksgiving pictures. We traveled to Utah again this year. It was perfect driving weather and there wasnt an inch of snow to be seen, so I had zero complaints about the drive. We had a great time with G'pa and G'ma and the many aunts, uncles and cousins that we were able to see. Thanks for squeezing us into your schedules. Crew was in "auntie heaven" as you can see...
The boys love coming to Utah. Its the only thing they talk about. Even now we occasionally hear someone say "Mom, Uncle _____put in a name___ is my best friend. I want to go see him". The name changes daily but my boys make it clear that they love all their uncles!!


Now we are just trying to get into the YULETIDE with some decor and lots of RAIN here in AZ. Its actually feeling festive with the need for coats and hats during the day. Believe it or not, we actually used our down blankets this week. Will wonders never cease?
I will admit that Arizona is growing on me. I dont love the extreme heat, but the winter is lovely.
I will enjoy it while we are here. You never know when things will change.
I true Thanksgiving fashion, I should mention some things I am thankful for this year.
First and foremost, Im thankful my family. Yes, at times I want slip quietly away from everyone and just disappear for a while. Then a sweet little voice will say "Mommy, I love you" and I remember why I wanted to be a wife and a mother. Is it weird that I actually like doing laundry and cleaning? maybe. But I find it bring an odd sort of fulfillment. I love my sweet children. I love my hunky husband too! He is my best friend and he puts up with all my shenanigan's. I adore him. He makes my life more than I had hoped for. He is truly a great man.

Im grateful for good health and great employment. Especially seeing the direction of health care and economy right now.

Im grateful for a God who knows me and loves me. For an elder brother Jesus Christ, that lay down his life for all mankind. Who bids me to follow him and find peace and happiness even amidst the chaos of the world. Im grateful that God didn't leave man to just spin in circles and wander without direction. He gave us the bible, the book of Mormon and living prophets. I love the gospel. The light it brings into my life. The anchor is gives me everyday. Im grateful to know where to look for answers and joy.


Well,I will try to get another post up with pictures of the Christmas decor and the kids latest adventure but, I've run outta time for today. Here is a glimpse of the tree. I will try to be better about posting.

No comments: