Thursday, September 22, 2011

We've been crazy

Things have been crazy around here. I have been sick for almost 3 weeks. Crew and Asher have also been ill.
At 6 months (and 20 lbs), Crew is getting 6 teeth. 4 have broken through and 2 more are just barely showing white through the gums. As follows with teething, he has been unable to sleep and fusses all night long from the pain. Add a cold to that pain and no one sleeps. Mike and I have been taking turns trying to run the night shift. And just when you think your off duty for the night, Asher will come crawl in bed with you complaining of his cold and cough all night long next to you. *Sigh*** I miss sleep, my old friend.
I was released from scouts and given the new assignment of Laurel advisor. Girls 16-18. Its been fun and VERY busy. I have meetings 2 Sundays a month. Every Wednesday night is spent at an activity and Im also in charge of a new thing that is ward specific. Its called "The Oath and the Covenant". Its a series of firesides that we plan and present over the school year following a similar formula to the mission prep program.-Our ward feels that they are not preparing the girls 18-21 like they do the boys to get to the temple. Its a very time consuming and mentally involved job. I plan the cirriculum and present at a monthly fireside with dinner and two to three speakers. Its been successful thus far. Im excited for our November lesson which revolves around "Symbolism: The Lords language." I've been reading about it on and off for 2 months. (Its one of those lessons my mom and dad would totally rock at teaching)

Arizona is still HOT. No autumn breezes, no falling leaves, no jackets or sweaters. Just sun. I realize that while others are dealing with severe flooding and unusual early cold fronts, they are thinking I should be grateful. While Im glad we arent dealing with tragedy, I wish it were cooler. I need fall. Its my favorite time of year. Our pool is getting colder as the evenings are getting into the mid 80's at night. We will lament the loss of the pool fun for the winter. Here are a few shots of the "FALL SWIMMING". Our cousin Taj came to stay for the weekend and we enjoyed playing with him in the pool day and night.
You can see my poor jasmine vine against the wall. It has totally died. We will need to get something different planted there soon.


Another fun thing we did was spend the weekend with Grandpa and Grandma Banzhaf.
We loved their visit. They are just in Tucson but 3 hours in a car still feels like an eternity away sometimes. Thanks for coming! Sorry this picture has nutty lighting issues.


Im in the middle of tons of craft projects. I have 4 large furniture pieces to update and paint. Plus I'm trying to hang a portrait wall that sounds easier than it is. The neverending birthday parties from friends at school has started and babies are due for immunizations that I dont feel necessary at this age. Mikes work it picking up, people decide to get that last surgery at the end of the year when they have met their deductable. Its starting to get crazy for him jumping from hospital to hospital.
All in all, we are just going about life one day at a time. Mike just bought me a ticket to go to PA for a few days to get some "autumn time". Im thrilled! PLUS my brother Lincoln gets home from his mission the day before, so he will get to see my little Crew for the first time. It should be fun!

1 comment:

Kids in the Kong said...

Lola is getting her first 2 teeth also. I feel some of your pain. And hope to be able to endure a few more nights of this. I am so tired that I am not really functioning.