Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Making Lemonade


Of course, this is a follow up to the post I left earlier about our new house.

This weekend we were given some lemons that were grown by our uncle who lives here in AZ. He grows amazing lemons! We are also going to try and grow them. We still need some tutoring on the subject. However, after recieving the lemons a message was sent to me loud and clear. Something like this popped into my mind as I sliced into the first one:


"Eden, ... I'm giving you a lemon.

I grew it, I watered it, I allowed others be responsible for getting it to you. It has passed through this years hard frost and crazy heat. I waited until just the right moment to ripen it so it could be picked for you.- Stop complaining about the lemon!

Everyone has lemons. Here are yours . And here is the lesson...you must learn to make lemonade and enjoy it! Add the sugar, add the water ( spiritual water, this is the most important ingredient! ) and get squeezing those lemons.

I cannot do that work for you. I have done everything else. You must choose to squeeze. This will not only provide you with delicious refreshment when your finished, but will strengthen your muscles.

Stop complaining! You have lemons when many do not. I am still ripening their lemons for picking at different times. Remember, I am the gardener here.

Be happy, and you shall have the "fruits" of your labor. The sweetness can only be had with the sour. Learn to work with both. This will help refine you and strengthen your character. You can make this house a home. You can make lemonade from these lemons! "


Ok- so yes I know, Im a brat. I am grateful that we have a home when many are losing theirs. A lovely home albeit an abused one. I need to see the home now as we first saw it, full of potential. We have been working hard on the house and done a ton so far. We have had tons of help from family (thanks Jake and Soni and Fred!) and our neighbors.

And yes, I did in fact make some wonderful lemonade.
Srubbing the grout. 800 sq ft of it.
proof that it happened.
What the baby is doing when Im cleaning. Little Burrito
Look at the size of that big lemon.

3 comments:

ruth ann baxter said...

Thanks for your post Eden! Lemons come in all varieties.Even to your old gray haired Aunt. I love you and the words that were whispered are true for all of us. You will be blessed even as you make the lemonade. I need to go make some of my own. Love You!

Holbrook's said...

I love you and love your honesty, I love that you can post about real life lessons that you learn and that I am fortunate enough to learn from you. I know you will continue making lemonade with all life hands you, and it will probably be some of the best lemonade ever!

amccay said...

Keep listening Eden, you are getting back on track. Sending love from NJ.