Tuesday, August 17, 2010

School Days

("RED DAY" on Monday this week)

Its offical! My babies have grown up.
Zach and Tanner started school last week. Kindergarten in our school district is full day. So from 7:40- 2:15 everyday, Im home with only, Asher. Can you believe that? I have never had just 1 child at home. Its very odd, but nice.

Tanner had strep throat on the first day of school so he couldnt go until the second day. And being the forgetful pregnant woman I am, I forgot to get a picture of him on his first day! Im a bad mom.
Zachary was so excited to go. He woke up at 6 am and wanted to eat and get dressed. I drove him to school and he gave me a hug and ran to meet new friends on the playground. When the bell rang he waved and that was that. He went to class without any fuss. I on the otherhand was teary thinking about this little boy growing up. Its another huge milestone in their lives. I was so proud.
Zach has loved school and his teacher. He and Tanner are in different classes and have each made their own set of friends and routines. Its fun to hear about Zach's class pet, Stu. A sonoran mud turtle that sometimes escapes his excersize tub. Zach loves to tell me about the fun things at school.
Tanner is also loving school and has been rewarded everyday for good behavior. He really likes his teacher and he is thriving. He does well with structure, so I knew school would be good for him. He is shy but seems to be reaching out to other kids with similar temperments. Its good for them to grow individually, and develop their own strengths without being bossed around by the other brother.





Zach on his first day

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

Zach looks so cute - take a picture of Tanner on the first day of his second week - in 20 years, you'll be glad you took the picture and the fact that it was taken a week late won't matter! Hope things improve for you in AZ.