Saturday, May 30, 2009

The "Secret" is Out.

I am completely depressed. For months I have been searching high and low for the perfect swimming suit. Im not even exaggerating when I say I have literally been to 20 plus stores for a suit that would fit, not only my bottom, but my top.

One pieces this season were all dark colors. Some were ok, but nothing I loved. I was looking for a bright color, since I noticed that the past 5 suits I have purchased are blue or green shades.

Tankinis were YUCK!! Most are too short and still show your tummy if you raise your arms. Most fit in the belly, but not in the chest. And of course, with a tattooed gut and stretch marks, who would by a bikini right?!?

Finally, I decide I will order the suit I liked the most. Even though I couldn't try it on. I read about it, saw that it would be in my cup size, and ordered it.

It finally got here in the mail. I love the color, the bottom, the halter style.
WHOMEVER IS MEASURING THE CUP SIZE AT VICTORIA'S SECRET IS SERIOUSLY CRAZY AND BLIND! The secret is, they want you to let people oogle your goodies. So they make your suit tiny, in all the wrong places. Doesnt "full coverage" mean, it will cover fully???
Not only was there very little to cover my goods, but everything was falling out the center and side because there was so little fabric to hold your girls in. I am seriously depressed. I still have no suit, and the water season has begun. Cant someone just make a suit for women with small rib cages and huge boobs? I mean seriously, there are plenty of women with this problem...hello?! (I would write this same plea to the church for garment tops, but I would be afraid of being rebuked.Its not that I dont buy the right size, the arms just fall off if you buy the right chest size because people assume if you are busty, you are fat all over!)
Ok, I am sad, I mean really sad. I have tried tons of online shops. Even those "modest" suit companies from Utah (who are they kidding?!). Its a bust...literally!

6 comments:

Whidget said...

One of Emma's friends (Amber) has the same problem as "us" and she had a cute suit... I asked where she got it from. She said www.Shadeclothing.com... I bought one last week and it should get here any day. I got an extra 25% off for memorial day weekend so my suit (top and bottom) was $50. I don't like halter tops, so my options were limited but if you like those, they have a ton.

You would be welcome to come try mine on, too, if you want before you buy something from them (when it comes.)

Good luck! It sucks...

Bridget

eden&mike said...

Here are a few I have searched.Modbe, Shade,Hapari,TitleNine,Landsend & MSNBC's" 10 best swimsuit co's". I will just keep looking, I guess. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the same problem as you, mine is just the opposite. I always get my custom made. There are a few dance companies here in Utah that custom make swimsuits. The nice thing is that they will make it as long as you want and you can choose the fabric. I wonder if there is something like that in PA.

Michelle said...

I hear you!! I finally broke down and got a suit that showed a little too much on top because I was desperate. I got it from the shade store but by the time I got it somewhat big enough for my chest it was baggy in the waist. I still got it because there's nothing else out there. I am already dreading wearing it on the family vacation.

Holbrook's said...

I have the EXACT same problem so I just gave up and don't care if my nasty belly hangs out! try www.athleta.com they make specific swimsuits for 32C-DD size!!! Geez I can barely find bra's in that size range any more!! They are pricey but I think it may be worth it!

Maleah said...

I wonder what line in heaven I was standing in when my entire female family became "well endowed"?! Maybe those years of gymnastics stunting my growth has blessed me to go without this trial. . .I'm sorry sista!