Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update on Twilight


So I saw the movie.
Didnt love it, didnt hate it. Many, Many, Many uncomfortable scenes and oddities. I found a review that sums up the way I felt about it

"The early scenes between Bella and Edward are thoroughly awkward and unintentionally funny. Pattinson, groomed as a just-add-hair-gel heartthrob, seems to confuse "brooding" with "constipated," and saddles every line reading with so much Byronic teen angst that you wonder if director Catherine Hardwicke ("Thirteen," "Lords of Dogtown") has played a terrible joke on the book's fan base and crafted a cruel parody. But, like the teen romance it portrays, the fumbling first act gives way to a more relaxed and confident manner." -by Marc Mohan, Special to The Oregonian

Seriously, the scene in Biology class is the stupidest thing I have ever scene. They totally missed the whole point. He is supposed to want her so badly that he cant control himself. But as Entertainment Weekly writes " he acts like he's suffering a seizure (or an attack of bad Mexican food)".
Dumb and major Dumb...
Overall, I give it a C+...a bigger movie budget and better studio could have done much better. I hear they are making a sequel..I hope someone takes it off SUMMIT'S hands, it wasnt great.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I kept wondering if it would have been better if it had been with a bigger studio and had a larger budget... And I TOTALLY aggre about the biology scene - awkward and weird! But it was so fun to go together - thanks for setting it up!

Skinner Family said...

I went to the movie last night and felt the same way. The audience would laugh and my friend and I looked at each other wondering if it was really that funny. The biology scene was awefull! I did not like many of the characters, the worst for me was Edward (way too much makeup) Carlisle and Jasper. I had fun going though, and probably will go see the sequel.

Amy said...

Sounds like my reviews of the books, being an snotty English major, those books were painful for me to read, so if the movie is even worse I guess I'll pass!