Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Twilight

So I'll admit it. I put off reading the series Twilight for a couple reasons.
1) They were so popular-- I felt "peer pressure" to read them. And naturally, I decided that I would go against the grain and hold out.
Needing something to read on the airplane, my mother in law suggested I read them. I gave in, and read the first 3 books in 3 weeks. I am surprised how much I have loved them. I dont read them for any other reason than to get lost in the simple love story of youth. It reminds me of some of my past relationships (isnt that why we all love them?). The danger, the mystery, the adrenaline?
2.) Time-- With 3 little kids, who has time to read a book that has sequels that may or may not come to and end. I didnt want to get trapped into another Harry Potter saga. I guess its too late. Im reading the fourth book now.
3) Vampires--I mean come on! It sounds so lame, but man was I wrong.

So I really enjoy seeing some of the trailers to the movie that is coming out on Nov 21st. I already have my tickets and I am counting down the days!! The casting is pretty good I think. My only issues are the casting of Edward, Carlisle and Alice. These are the actors that most closely match my imagination of these 3 characters.


Hayden Christensen as Edward . Darth Vader he isnt, but a vampire he is!!!

Carlisle as a young Robert Redford (like when he was in The Way We Were), not current old wrinkly Robert

Nora Zehetner as Alice...she was in Everwood for a while, also played Eden McCain on Hero's

3 comments:

Whidget said...

I really like this cast put together I found on YouTube... except Alice... I liked your pick on Alice--she was cute and fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHAq0TvRaA&feature=related

I am looking forward to being disappointed by the movie!! Hahaha... we will see.

Shirley said...

Ditto on your reasons for not reading THE books until know. I am just about to finish reading Eclipse and am enjoying every minute (even though the "young love" thing is a much more distant memory for me than you. Have you checked the soundtrack out??? Can't until the 21st but VERY jealous that you were able to get advanced tickets. Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could go see it together! Like your cast pick.