Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Projects

One of my resolutions this year is to get my house projects completed and then STOP with home reno. I hate living in craziness. But, funds dont grow on trees and a fixer-upper home is a daily headache.
We are currently in the middle of landscaping drama with the drip system in the yard. It hasnt worked since we moved in. Of course, the inspector only turned on the sprinklers to see that they worked on the grass. Neglecting to test the irrigation system so, we were unaware that they werent working. AWESOME inspectors!! Did I ever mention that even after an inspection (by the same guy) we have had to replace nearly ALL the appliances that supposedly worked. **bitting my tounge so curse words dont fly out...yet another resolution**
Anyway, Hand watering cactus and other plants to keep them alive in the heat is getting old. Thus, we are fixing outside.
Here are a few projects that I finally got done. These are mainly for the moms, who havent seen our house since we moved in. Hope the rest of you dont mind.



Finally got coverings for the windows, a fan, and things hung

Painted Crew's room with stripes

Found a rug for the front room

made a baby gate out of fabric to keep Crew from going up the stairs. works well now, not sure it will last too long. PLUS, I still havent found anything for the top of the stairs. Any suggestions would be great. I cant drill anything and there is no where for tension set items with my banister.

5 comments:

Holbrook's said...

I think I may steal that fabric gate idea from you!

Holbrook's said...

Oh ya and I LOVE that rug!!!

Maleah said...

Your home is lovely! I actually am crushing on a rug almost exactly like yours I saw at Target. . .must be sisters or something ;) To all the projects. . .I'm just hoping we get our house soon!?!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Looks good guys!

Whidget said...

Cute stripes. I am dreading the stair issue. WHy do they all have to go through that??? We just carpeted our stairs cuz I could just see Emmy biting it on our tiled stairs. GAH!!