Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cowboy Roundup, Joyschool & Halloween

This years fall party was a cowboy theme. I was the MC, so I didnt get many pictures. Illness rampaged through the ward, cancelling numerous acts in our program. People stepped up to fill in and I was so grateful. I think people had a fun time. There was a thunderstorm group activity (cowboys are afraid of those on the open range), a standoff (even though it wasnt high noon), cowboy poetry, fiddling,dance numbers,and some sing along numbers with a guitar trio. It was really fun. Im glad I did it, Im glad its over. My brain had been fixated on it for months. Here are a few shots.

Jason did a great job as our cowboy poet!

A primary child behind bars...is this sending the right message? :)

My friend Jenny and I in our cowboy hats! YEEHAW!

An artist in our ward made this photo opt...isnt it great? Somewhere along the line, the person who was suppose to take pictures for us, didnt get the message. Most people didnt get to use this. DANG IT!

Then it was the Joyschool Halloween Bash! The kids watched Casper the Friendly Ghost. We talked about Kindness and friendship. The colors were Orange and Black. And the shape was a triangle, for a witches hat. Here a couple pictures.




Then it was onto Trick or Treating! Halloween crept up on me this year. Zach didnt have a costume until the day before. He finally decided he wanted to be a super hero. I thought he looked darling. Tanner was a pirate, he LOVED IT! Asher had to be a bee...mommy was supposed to be a flower for her bee, but I got too busy to finish my flower headband. I settled for an angel.



The Poulsons joined us. Do you see their theme? Harry Potter, Hermione, Hedwig the owl, and the Golden Snitch (around Nates neck). It was Darling!





No comments: